Rambler’s leasing office is open Monday through Friday, 10am to 6pm, Saturdays from 11am to 4pm, and Sundays from 1pm to 4pm.
Yes, we have limited availability for the 2023 – 2024 school year. Stop by the leasing office or book a tour to learn more.
Lease Terms & Installments
All leases at Rambler are 12-month installments beginning on August 23, 2024 and ending on July 31, 2025. We do not currently offer shorter lease terms.
Your contract is based on a total amount that is divided into 12 equal installments for convenience. Your first installment will be due August 1 and the last on July 1 unless you choose to renew and stay at Rambler for another year. Because of this, August rent is not prorated.
Installments are due by the first of each month. You can pay this through your resident portal with a debit/credit card or e-check. Alternatively, you can also bring in or mail a physical check or money order to the leasing office.
All leases are 12-month installments beginning on August 23 and ending on July 31. If you need to get out of your lease early, you can relet your unit by finding somebody to take over the remainder of your lease.
If you may need to relet your space, check out our article on 7 Tips for Subletting (or Reletting) your Apartment Near UT Austin. Please contact the Rambler team to discuss in detail.
Yes, you can switch floor plans as long as we have the space available. Your rate is subject to change depending on the floor plan you choose. You will be required to sign a new lease to secure the new floor plan. If you have a guarantor, they will not need to sign the new lease, but they will be notified of the changes.
Example: If you and your roommates are in a 3×3 and want to add one more roommate, we can move everyone to a 4×4 if the space is available and all roommates currently in the 3×3 confirm the change.
Your installment includes:
- Premium Wi-Fi internet
- Fully furnished units (see what’s included)
- Full-size washer & dryer
- Wall-mounted Smart TV in living room
Plus, access to Rambler’s on-site amenities and attentive, on-call staff.
Check out our blog to learn more about what’s included in West Campus student housing rent.
The following items are not included in your installment:
- Rental insurance – Rental insurance is required for all residents at Rambler. Residents may provide their own third-party insurance to be contracted directly, or you may opt-in to Rambler’s landlord-provided rental insurance, LRIP. LRIP is $12.95/month. You will be automatically charged for LRIP unless you provide proof of third-party insurance that meets our requirements as described in your lease. Visit our Resource Center to learn more about renter’s insurance
- Utilities (electricity and water) – Electricity and water are sub-metered and will be billed monthly via Conservice.
- Trash fee – $5/month
- Parking – On-site garage parking is available. Standard parking starts at $300/month, and our tandem parking spots are currently sold out. This price is subject to change based on availability. In other words, as parking spots are purchased, the price will increase due to our tier system. For more information on the tier system, check out our blog post on 5 Benefits to Signing Your Lease Early in West Campus.
- Pet rent – Pet rent will be $35/month with a $250 nonrefundable deposit.
Rambler’s apartments come fully furnished. Each resident will have a full-size bed and mattress, two-under bed/stackable dresser drawers, and a study desk and desk chair.
Our studio floor plans include a sofa, coffee table, and wall-mounted Smart TV.
Our standard floor plans come with common area furniture, including an entertainment stand, wall-mounted Smart TV, coffee table, sofa, accent chair and barstools. Larger units include multiple accent chairs.
Rambler offers residents up to 1 Gigabit speeds per user. Residents will have a home-like experience with Personal Area Network (PAN), allowing Wi-Fi-connected devices to interact (i.e., Sonos speakers, and Apple AirPlay, wireless printing, etc.).
Leasing Process & Fees
- Application fee (non-refundable) – $50 – This fee covers the cost of the background checks we run in order to approve your application, including the screening of one guarantor. This fee is due upon submission of your electronic application.
- Admin fee (non-refundable) – $200 – Residents will be charged a one-time service fee for administration, billing, bill auditing, overhead and similar expenses and charges to be incurred by the Landlord for the Term of this Lease.
- Security Deposit (refundable) – $100 – This fee is due upon move-in and refundable at the end of your lease term.
- Utility setup fee (non-refundable) – $66 – This is an annual registration fee billed by Conservice to set up your utilities, and is not due until you move in.
- Pet fee – $35/month for pets. There is a non-refundable pet deposit of $250.
- Trash fee – $5/month
The application fee is due when your application is submitted. All other fees are not due until move-in.
An individual lease is a per-bed lease. You sign a lease for a bed space in the apartment and share common areas with roommates. This means you are only responsible for your own installments. This allows you to live with roommates without having to worry about whether they’re going to pay on time.
Visit our blog to learn more about the benefits of signing an individual lease as a student.
A guarantor is a co-signer for your lease agreement. Because students often don’t have an income, having a guarantor allows us to qualify you for a lease based on your guarantor’s income.
You will list the name and email of your guarantor during the application process, and your guarantor will receive an email to fill out their portion of the application. Check out our blog for more information on what a guarantor is and learn more about if you will need one.
We require all residents at Rambler to have a guarantor or to prepay two installments to qualify. Prepaid installments are applied to the last two months of your lease term.
For applicants who do not have a credit history in the US and/or a guarantor, Rambler will accept a prepayment of two installments in lieu of credit/guarantor requirements. Prepaid installments are applied to the last two months of your lease term.
Additionally, applicants who are citizens of another country must provide at least two of the following: 1) a passport; 2) the INS document that entitles the applicant to be in the United States; 3) proof of employment in the United States; 4) an I-20 verifying student status; and/or 5) proof of enrollment.
Check out our blog for more information on what a guarantor is and learn more about if you will need one.
You can easily complete the entire leasing process online. We are also available in the leasing office if you wish to visit us to apply in person.
Step 1: Fill out an application
Start by filling out our application form. You will need the following information:
- Floor plan and unit you want to lease
- Name, phone number, email address, birth date, and Social Security number of the applicant as well as the name and email address of your guarantor (if you’re using one)
- Photo or scan of an identification document such as a passport, driver’s license, state ID, or active military
- Address of applicant’s current residence, as well as current rent payments and contact information for your landlord, who we may contact as a reference
- Bedroom preference and roommate information
Step 2: Sign your lease
After your application is approved, you will automatically be emailed a link to sign your lease. Once our leasing associates countersign your lease, you will be notified via email and receive a digital copy of your completed lease.
Step 3: Get email updates
Once your lease is completed, you will get email notifications with more information on topics such as construction updates, events, move-in, etc.
Check out our blog to learn more about how to sign a lease at a student housing apartment complex.
You will be automatically enrolled in Rambler’s liability waiver program and charged a fee of $12.95/month, which only protects Rambler’s property. To protect your personal property, you can opt out by providing proof of third-party renter’s insurance with a minimum of $100,000 of liability coverage. For more information, read our article on the difference between renter’s insurance vs. liability waiver programs.
At Rambler, utilities are projected to range from around $15 to $40 per person, per month on average. This will vary depending on floorplan type, usage and other factors. This range is an estimate – costs may fall outside of this range.
Tours are held in the Rambler leasing office, conveniently located on the first floor. You’ll be greeted by one of our LMAs who will take you through the building, on the tour and answer your questions!
To learn more about what happens on a tour, read our article, What Happens on a Tour?
Rambler offers access to our on-site parking garage at an additional monthly cost. Contact us for more info.
There is not parking available onsite for guests or visitors. Guests can park on the street nearby or in the San Antonio Garage.
Rambler does not have any electric vehicle chargers.
S.M.A.R.T. Housing, a program created by the City of Austin, aims to aid students who are receiving need-based financial aid, paying for school via student loans, or working to pay for school and living expenses independently.
To learn more about S.M.A.R.T. Housing and how to see if you qualify, check out our Ultimate Guide to S.M.A.R.T. Housing.
Living at Rambler
To provide peace of mind for students and parents, Rambler takes the following security measures:
Rambler features an extensive security camera network throughout the entire building and parking garage. Cameras will be placed in the following locations:
All exterior entrances
- Lobby, leasing office, and coffee shop
- Amenity spaces, including the fitness center, yoga and spin studios, study mezzanine, and pool deck
- Parking garage
- Elevator cabs and elevator lobbies
- Every residential corridor
Rambler provides residents fob access to all exterior doors, amenity doors, and elevators. Additionally, each unit has electronic key access to all front doors and traditional key access to individual bedroom doors.
After-hours courtesy officers
Rambler also provides professional, on-call security after hours, who will be dressed in uniform.
All units at Rambler will have doors equipped with deadbolts in addition to regular, single-latch locks.
The prohibition of items in apartment complexes is common due to safety concerns and potential risks associated with certain things.
At Rambler, we ask residents to not bring…
- Kerosene lamps
- Unauthorized animals
At Rambler, we set expectations for resident behavior to ensure the safety of all residents, and to protect the state of the property.
We ask residents to avoid…
- Cooking on apartment balconies
- Glass containers in or near pools and all other common areas
- Misusing any amenities or common area spaces
- Running a business out of their apartment; excludes remote roles
Rambler welcomes pets, but with a few restrictions. (Believe it or not, we’ve actually been asked about pet skunks. We said no. You’re welcome.)
Restricted animals include (but are not limited to) aggressive dog breeds, such as Pit Bulls, Rottweilers, German Shepherds, Huskies, Malamutes, Dobermans, Chow Chows, and Great Danes. If you’re curious about another type of animal, feel free to contact the Rambler team.
The level will depend on your floor plan type and apartment number. To view the various levels within the building, check out our site plan.
Each level has a variety of floorplans available. If you and your friends want to lease multiple units on the same floor, our leasing team will do their best to accommodate! Take a look at our site plan to see how each floor is laid out. You can also check out our floorplan options to see what unit type is the best fit for you.
Rambler’s maintenance team is available to address any maintenance concerns you may have. You can submit a maintenance request through your resident portal or call our on-site leasing office. All maintenance workers will be dressed in Rambler uniform, and are not to enter any unit without resident approval.
Your mailing address:
FIRST NAME LAST NAME
2513 Seton Ave.
Austin, TX 78705
Please be sure to include your first and last name on all mail and packages, or you may run the risk of not receiving your package or mail.
Before move-in, Conservice will send a welcome email with more information including your web pin (password) and account number (username). Nothing needs to be done before then. For information on utilities, see our fees section.
Rental installments and monthly fees are due by the first of each month and are considered late on the 4th. Payments can be made through your resident portal. Log in at rambleratx.residentportal.com and go to the “Payments” tab to see any balances owed. We accept checks, money order, cashier’s check, and credit/e-check online. We are unable to accept cash.
Daydreamer is open Mon-Fri from 8am – 5pm and Sat-Sun from 9am – 3pm.