All units come furnished with:
- Deadbolt door lock
- Smart television
- Sofa and/or accent chair
- Full-sized washer and dryer
- Stainless steel kitchen appliances
- Faux wood blinds on each window
All bedrooms come furnished with:
- Full-sized bed
- Pillow-top mattress
- Two (2) under-bed/stackable dresser drawers
- Study desk or built-in desk
- Desk chair
- Please note: bedroom TVs are not provided
1. Take Inventory of Your Unit
- You will receive a printed inventory and condition form in your move-in packet with your keys.
- You will need to take inventory of all items within your bedroom and common area. This way, if there are any small damages or if anything is missing, we will be able to address them and you will not be charged upon move out.
- This needs to be completed and returned to the front office within 48 hours of moving in
2. Read Your Resident Packet
- You will receive a digital copy of Resident Packet by August 20th with all of the information you need about life at Rambler. This will be sent out via email.
3. Connect to the Internet
- Wi-Fi at Rambler is through CampusConnect. The Wi-Fi network name and password are provided on an information sheet that has been placed in your unit.
4. Set Up Your Conservice Account
- Rambler has partnered with Conservice for the monthly billing of your utility charges.
- Before move-in, Conservice will send a welcome email with more information including your web pin (password) and account number (username).
- Visit https://utilitiesinfo.conservice.com/ to login and view your balance, bills, usage and more.
Move-in Day FAQs
We will be offering white glove move-in services on August 19th and 20th. No heavy lifting and back-and-forth in the Texas heat on move-in day! Professional movers will meet you at your car, unload all of your items from your car, and transport them to your unit for you. All you have to do is park the car, grab your keys, and head straight to your unit!
If you plan to move in on August 19th or 20th, you will need to schedule a move-in time for white glove service. The movers will be utilizing the freight elevator on these days, which will make it inaccessible to residents.
Due to the large number of students moving in and to ensure a smooth move-in, these are the only times available. If you need to schedule an alternate time after August 20th, please call or text us at 512-722-7733. Please note that we will not have moving help available after August 20th.
It is important to show up at your scheduled move-in time so that we can accommodate all residents. If you show up outside of your move-in window, you may be asked to come back at a later time.
Rent installments are due on the 1st of each month and considered late at 11:59pm on the 3rd.* A $50 late charge will be added to your portal account.
Additionally, you will not be able to receive your keys until the August balance on your Resident Portal has been paid.
*August rent installments will not be considered late until 8/17 at 11:59pm.
Yes! Keep in mind, you may only utilize your parking spot on move-in day, so if you have someone helping you with an additional car, they will need to park elsewhere.
The resident or guarantor are the only people that can pick up keys. If the guarantor is picking up keys, the resident must let the leasing office know in writing prior to move-in day. If you intend to have your guarantor pick up your keys, please notify us at [email protected].
We will not have additional bins or hand trucks for use outside of the white glove move-in service, so please plan accordingly.
We will have Rambler staff located around the building to assist. They will be dressed in Rambler shirts!
Due to the large number of tenants moving in, please only bring two people with you to assist with move-in.
We ask that you only bring one car with your belongings – our movers will unload your vehicle in the moving line!
Office hours during move-in weekend will be as follows:
Friday, August 18th: 3pm – 6pm
Saturday, August 19th: 8am – 5pm
Sunday, August 20th: 8am – 5pm
Packages cannot be delivered to Rambler until August 21st, so please do not have any mail sent until after this date.
Yes, you need to list Rambler as additional insured on your renter’s insurance policy. You also need to list your address (including your unit number) as your property address on your policy.